Thursday, August 15, 2013

Our home for 5 days ..parking lot..camping site at the Liberty Harbor RV Park..our view across the water is the lady herself..minus the wires..Only a PATH ride away!
Family had a great time at the Mets game came in late..so crockpot stew is for lunch before they are off the another Mets game..They are having a great time..Mickey and I had great evening just chillin'
Five more tips or frantic calls for help..
DUMPING
1.  I'm not going to begin to explain this process..only sharing how it affects me...The way I understand it there are two tanks..one for sink water and shower water and  one for toilet waste. If you hear a gurgle sound... check a box on the wall..If it shows a gray light..Problem...Bathhouse could come into play if the problem is not resolved..Full Tanks..
2.  Choices "Dump your tanks yourself" or pay someone on site to pump for $20.00
3.  To me this is a no brainer..there is one dump site here..always a line of rv's to dump..plus it just sounds like a ucky process.  The absolute best buy of the trip..go to the office ..pay $20.00.. and they will be at your site no later than 1:30 p.m.
 4.  At 3:30 p.m. and it hasn't happened check with the office...The cute little fellow behind the desk thanks you  profusely for letting them know and it should happen no later than 5:30 p.m.  Tanks full.. being careful water does not go down those drains!  Once again dare I use the word backup...?
5.  At 6:00 p.m.I check back with the office.. To find a different employee on duty..that shared with me the cute little fellow that had been helping me all day was indeed a new hire.   Evidently when there is a squiggly line down the entire day in the appointment book the pumpers are taking the day off..I don't know if that should have tipped us off or the fact that we were the only name listed in the book! Family has gone to the game so Mickey and I are handling this like the newbies we  are!
Until tomorrow..more on tank relief.. I remain your rving flamingo

No comments:

Post a Comment